Search This Blog

14 Jul 2013

Review: The Mega Plush Volum'Express Mascara



Mega Push Volum' Express


I bought this mascara unexpectedly about a month ago. As I am SLIGHTLY obsessed with mascara and its Maybelline’s first gel mousse mascara, I thought I should give it a go!






 The mousse formula of the mascara gives a light effect on the eyelashes and prevents them from being hard and brittle. They do not weigh down the eyelashes which are an added bonus, and also give a natural look.


However, they do make my eyelashes clump slightly when I add a few coats of the mascara, which can be really annoying. Despite this, the extent of the clumping is not as bad as previous mascaras that I have used. The clumping problem can be sorted out by simply separating the eyelashes using an object with a thin and sharp edge, such as dental picks.




The type of brush used in mascara is a big thing for me, as it determines how easily the mascara is applied. I am a big fan of brushes with thicker bristles, and Maybelline always include thicker brushes in their mascara products, which I LOVE! Because of this, it makes applying the mascara onto the eyelashes a breeze and it avoids me having to dip the brush into my mascara numerous times. The brush is also flexible, so it makes it easier to apply mascara to the hard to reach places.



    

    Before                                                            After

In the ‘before’ image, I have not applied any mascara and in the ‘after’ image, I have applied 2 coats of mascara on the top eyelashes and 1 coat of mascara on the bottom eyelashes. The mascara doesn’t make a dramatic difference to my eyelashes visually but it does make a big difference to the length of my eyelashes and increases the volume of the top eyelashes.
Overall, I don’t think the mascara would be good for those who want their eyelashes to be dramatic and stand out. Nevertheless, it is very good for those who want to use the mascara as part of their everyday look and opt for makeup that makes them look natural.

You can find the Mega Plush mascara at high street stores in the UK for £7.99.



BY ABIGAIL SARPONG 

No comments: