Search This Blog

30 Apr 2014

Mini Haul


Whenever the stress of daily life and A Levels (bane of my life!) start to get to me, I always turn to the beauty that is online shopping! Whilst it feels like Christmas has come early every time I get a package, my bank balance probably does not feel the same joy. Oh well! Such is life. 
This time round, I hit up the E.L.F and REN Skincare websites and did some browsing! 

I have had this cleanser on my 'To Buy' list for the past year and a bit and have always backed out at the last minute, not willing to ever spend more than £10 on a cleanser. BUT I recently rekindled my obsession for the skincare guru that is, *Caroline Hirons, and was reminded of some Godly advice: "Equate your skincare spending to what you would spend on a handbag or shoes. I'm not saying you should - I'm saying you should be willing to." 

With this in mind, I took the plunge -the £18 plunge- and bought the REN Skincare Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk. On Asos, the product retails for £18, but on the REN website, you can pick it up for £16! As it was my first order with them, I also benefited from 10% discount and two free samples (Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask & Ulta Moisture Day Cream). Making it £17.40 with P&P included! All that, and change for a pack of Oreos! That's a good deal in my books.           

                           
Next, I ordered a couple of items from E.L.F and came across the HD Liquid Blushes from the Studio line (£4.50). With the MakeUp Forever HD Liquid Blushes in mind, I ordered two of these from the 5 shade collection, hoping that I was picking up some mega bargains as a decent dupe of the MUFE Blushes. And I think it's fair to say...I succeeded. These blushes are so super pigmented, that even a quarter of a pea size pump is more than enough for both cheeks! Yes, they dry insanely quickly and therefore can sometimes make it difficult to work with, but at about a quarter of the original MUFE blush price... I think I've found a good'un! Also restocked on a Small Stipple Brush (£3.95) - cheap, simple and does the job; can't complain!

This post was unnecessarily long for what I had to say, so if you read to end 'Well Done You!'
Manny x

No comments: